There are hundreds and thousands of various types of pests in the world. Out of which we only know a few, and even among them we get to see cockroaches, ants, fleas, etc commonly. Are you eager to know what all types of insects infest in your home? You might not know but there are many other common pests that infest your house. Our guide will provide you with complete information about some other types of pests that you should be aware of.
Here Are Some Of The Other Common Types Of Pests That You Can Identify Easily:
- Gnats- Gnats are tiny little insects that fly but no need to worry as they don’t bite. Gnat is a type of pest that has no particular category so it has no scientific name until now. So, any kind of flying pests that can be seen around which do not bite can be termed as gnats. For example, fruit flies who feed on fruits come under the category of gnats. Even if they don’t bite, they infest your house in thousands of numbers. Once they infest, they create a lot of nuisance and are really gross to have around.
- Crickets- You might have heard of crickets a lot. Crickets are basically nocturnal pests that chirp loudly. They have a long cylindrical body with a round head and antennae. Although they are not as harmful as other pests, they still cannot be handled in a house due to the chirping. Some parts of Southeast Asia serve crickets as food and snacks.
- Earwigs- Earwigs are also nocturnal pests that live in small moist cracks and crevices during the day. They feed on other plants and insects and are mostly active at night. The first sight of these insects can be frightful and they also leave behind a bad-smelling yellowish-brown liquid from their scent glands. These insects can destroy your crops, flowers, and foliage. If you handle them carelessly, they can even pinch you.
- Booklice- Booklice is also known as barklice. There are about 5000 species of booklice found in the world. They are usually found in old books as they feed on the paste that is used for bookbinding. If they live in trees, they usually feed on lichen and algae. Their size can be estimated to be about 1 to 10 millimetres in length. They do not bite humans or damage your belongings. They crawl over books, papers, and documents and might cause skin irritation.
- Fireflies- They are the most popular pests known widely for their bioluminescence. They are soft-bodied beetles with wings and due to their bioluminescent factor, they are also called glow worms. Due to a chemical reaction occurring in the abdomen of their body, they emit a pale red, yellow, or green light. They are very poisonous. When someone attacks them they start producing drops of blood with nasty chemicals.
- Stink bugs- There are many types of stink bugs present in the world. But among all of them, the most dangerous and troublesome stink bug is the Brown Marmorated stink bug. The reason for them being dangerous is that they don’t have any natural predators and they lay about 500 eggs at once. So, if they infest they can create a lot of trouble for you. One more thing is that they eat plants at a very high rate. So, if you love plants, keep them away from these bugs.
- Human lice- They are the worst pests that directly affect humans of all walks. Human blood is the only source on which they survive. Once they infest, they are very hard to exterminate. They cause continuous itching and scratching of the scalp. If the infestation is severe, it leads to Vagabond’s diseases where the skin is hardened, scarred, and pigmented. It also causes rashes with swollen lymph glands under the arms and in the neck.
Experts At Massey Pest Control Help For All Pest Infestation
Our agency provides all kinds of pest infestation services. We have been serving our customers with excellent pest control services for many years now. We guarantee that with our services there won’t be any pests left at your home. This is because we not only exterminate but sanitize and deodorize the place to prevent further infestation. We provide quick responses for emergency cases and offer free quotes and advice.