Get Rid of Rodent With Massey Pest Control in Canberra
The worst rodents that can literally destroy your entire property are mice and rats. They are a shy yet notorious pest that can be really harmful. Not only do they carry various harmful diseases but they are also the reason for more than ten to twenty percent of house fires.
So, contact Massey Pest Control now for the most detailed and best rodent control service in Canberra. Our Rodent Control Canberra team is affordable and has years of experience to provide you with the highest quality of services that too at very affordable rates. So, call us.
In Now days, Rodents are becoming a common issues in Canberra for every homeowner. To exacerbate the situation, it very well may be famously hard to manage a rodent infestation. Be that as it may, worry not – Our rodent controller make tackling the issue easier than ever before. You should simply get the telephone or fill our quote form to tell us that you have rodents. We’ll deal with the rest.
Types of Rodent (Mice & Rats) Commonly Found in Canberra
Broad Toothed Rat – Having Broad face, short tail, small round ears, soft fur, and stocky body. They remains active during winter & feeds mainly on the stems, leaves and seeds of grasses and sedges.
Brown Rat – Also known as sewer rat, brown rats are aggressive, seen with a scabby, damaged tail, short ears, small eyes and coarse brown colored. they live in burrows underground, away from human habitation.
Black Rat – Having large ears, big eyes, light brown upper coat with a pale grey to white underside and a pointed snout. They are good climber and is often found in the roofs of residential and commercial apartment. Mostly found across Australia and live in both agricultural & urban areas.
House Mouse – Having large round ears, big eyes & pointed snout. They mostly found around commercial, agricultural and residential buildings. They will climb and live in most dark, hidden areas of the home. Like rats, they make their nests from soft materials like paper, grass.
Field Mouse – They feeds on grains and is mostly found in agricultural, commercial and residential apartment. having large ears than house mouse, sandy brown fur which becomes more yellowish on its chest.
Go Back to Your Rodent Free Life With Professional Rodent Control Canberra
Rodents have time and again infested human societies and resulted in heavy losses. Thus, it is important to understand how rodents can prove to be a danger to our society and how you can deal with them. Massey Pest Control Canberra has the technical expertise to manage your rodent Infestation. There are a few extra reasons to hire a marks pest control professional.
- 24 Hour Available as well as in Emergency
- Inconspicuous service
- 100% Guaranteed results
- Inspection cameras endoscope
- Same-day treatments
Let us get back to You.
Protect Your Love Ones Health: Risk Posed By Rodents
- Rodents are extremely destructive and can cause serious safety risks.
- Further, rats end up starting the fire by chewing the electric cables. So, if next time you hear that a fire broke out without any reason, think of rats.
- Rodent can transmit disease if they bite or scratch humans and also by leaving their droppings and urine around the house.
- Moreover, rats eeat tons of food and then contaminate more with feces, hair, and urine. Mice and rats contaminate more than 20% of food across the world.
- They damage everything from books, structures, furniture and even electrical appliances through burrowing and gnawing.
- The worst part is that they are also responsible for spreading the disease to animals and humans through the bites and by transporting lice, fleas, ticks, and mites and also by leaving the food droppings everywhere.
- Additionally, rats are vectors for rat-bite fever, bubonic plague, hantavirus, infectious jaundice, leptospirosis, trichinosis, salmonellosis, typhus and pulmonary fever.
- As a burrowing animal, rodents inflict major damage to equipment, structures, utilities, furniture, and vehicles.
Rats are found almost everywhere from homes, restaurants, supermarkets, farm fields, and livestock pens. The grain mills, corn cribs, silos, and warehouses are vulnerable to the rat infestation. They are usually active during night time when there are comparatively fewer people. Mice and rats can move through small crevices that make them easy to move around everywhere.
Rodents are very difficult to control for all the house owners and can be termed as a community problem for everyone. It’s really important to ensure the effective control of rodents through community work. So if you want to get rid of rodent contact us today!
Call us now on our toll-free number or reach us online.
Rodent Control Canberra: Signs of Rodent Infestation
There are almost 12 indicators to determine a rodent infestation and for rodent control Canberra:
The first and foremost clue for any serious rodent infestation is the sight of dropping on your kitchen drawers, counters, and the cabinet area. The droppings are smooth with pointy ends and are almost of 4 mm long. They are of pellet shape and blunt at both the ends and of shiny black color. Dropping are often scattered randomly but close to runways, shelter or feeding areas.
The possible tracks for rodents are observed in dust, mud or dirt. At times, rat tails can leave the mark around the area. Mouse tracks are also easily traceable on the dusty surfaces. You can test for rodent tracks by simply dusting the area with the coating of chalk dust or talcum powder. Wait for a day and test by shining flashlight on the area. If you see small tracks that mean rat was there.
Rats follow the similar route every day while making rounds for food every night. While doing so, rats leave 50 mm wide traces of runways in grass or dirt, mostly next to fences or buildings.
Rats keep chewing down everything they come across with incisor teeth. If you see holes in ceilings, walls, trails in sub floors, under or behind cupboards, bathtubs, counters, etc., it means rats were there.
Burrows are found all along the walls, ditches, fences and rubbish and under buildings, woodpiles, low vegetation or concrete slabs.
Rat’s oily skin fur leaves the grease marks that repeatedly comes in contact with holes and walls.
Rat nests can be easily found in the roof voids, utility closets, basements, and garages. They are made of shredded papers, clotheslines by finely shred material. The nests look like loose woven ball of 10-15 cm in total diameter.
Though rats are not visible in the darkness, you can easily make out the presence of rodents through the sounds they make after it gets dark.
In a badly ventilated room, you can easily smell the rat urine or the musky odor.
Partially consumed food
Rats leave behind half-eaten food. Though they have the tendency to eat almost all the food at times, they can leave the telltale signs of inedible and shells.
Dead or live rodents
Rodents are nocturnal but in an area with high rat populations, some of the low ranked ones will hunt out during the daytime. Probably, because they are unable to get hold of food during the night. So, if you catch the glimpse of rats in the daytime, it’s a positive sign of substantial infestation.
Tips For Keeping Rodents Away From Your Home in Canberra
The perfect way to control the population of rats is by keeping them out of the premises at first place.
- Since rats like to hide in the garden, the first defense mechanism should be to trim the area of vegetation close to your building. Dispose of off all the unwanted trimmings, plan clippings etc. to make it difficult for rodents.
- Check the perimeter of your building annually to ensure no gaps at the entry. Sealing all those entry points is important and perfect for efficient rat control. Pay attention to wiring, cables, pipes, windows, and doors. Close all these opening using wire mesh, sheet metal and pieces of tin.
- Using traps after all the necessary steps can help you keep away from the rodent infestation. You should dispose the traps can be disposed at a far off place from your premises.
- Inspect every room and vacuum and change sheets at regular intervals, using disinfectants. Fill gaps, holes & cracks.
- Use adhesive tapes to remove rats and eggs if the infestation is not out of control. Dispose of the adhesive tapes and bags by incinerating them.
- Applying heat to affected areas can also kill the rodents. Ensure that the heat is sudden and not gradual or else the roaches will move to another area.
- Use chemical control in the form of pest control if the rodents are out of control. Ensure that the pest control company is licensed by Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA). Sprays, Dusts, Insect Growth Regulators, Pyrethrum gas, Gels and pesticides are used after proper inspection of the affected areas.
Lastly, if you have still been unsuccessful in rodent control Canberra, it’s time for some professional help. Mark Pest Control offers the best solution for rodent control Canberra with the help of its certified pest control team members. We provide you some tips for dead rodent removal from the roof in Canberra.
What Makes Massey Rodent Control Best Rodent Removal in Canberra?
Our rodent exterminators have fully qualified, certified & experienced in rodent removing from your house. Our team uses the latest method to remove a rat & mice from your home. Expert rat controllers in Canberra fully insured. These policies protect you in the event of negligence or property damage. Our dedicated team use rodent removal chemicals approved by the ACT Government. We use eco-friendly solutions that are safe for you. Massey Pest Exterminator Canberra focus on client problem & provide the best solution. We also provide regular updates, when pest control involves more than one visit. If needed, the rodent pest control expert will inspect your place additionally. After done with rodent control process, our pest control exterminators will also give advice you on how to stay away pesky rodents from your property. You can also hire us for same day dead rat removal service in Hobart at low cost.